What Does It Take to Start a Brewery?
At PKW, we hear this question a lot…
The EntreBREWneur Academy & Brewers’ School is the Answer
The EntreBREWneur Academy & Brewers’ School provides you and your brew team with the knowledge and experience necessary to master the brewing process. The brewers’ school curriculum includes both comprehensive classroom instruction and thorough, hands-on, practical brewing exercises moderated by accomplished brewers and industry experts.
- My confidence is through the roof now. I feel like I’ve gotten so much training.”
- Patric Hillenbrand, Hillenbrand Farmhaus Brewery, Newcastle CA
- “I’m significantly more confident in my ability to brew good quality beer repeatedly.”
- Chad Powers, Narrow Path Brewing, Loveland OH
- “It’s going to be much easier now that I’ve done this class.”
- Garrett Hickey, Streetside Brewery, Cincinnati OH
- “I’m already 10 steps ahead … It’s invaluable.”
- Michael Barcone, West Kill Brewing, West Kill NY
Highlights from The PKW EntreBREWneur Academy & Brewers’ School
- All costs for the brewers’ school 100% apply towards the purchase of any brewing system.
- All classes and exercises are conducted at our very own brewery and taphouse, The LABrewatory in Portland Oregon, using a Portland Kettle Works brewhouse and other brewing equipment.
- This brewers’ school is just one example of PKW’s world-class customer service that will enable you to achieve full production quickly, as well as keep you operating efficiently into the future.
Why Attend the EntreBREWneur Academy & Brewers’ School?
Why bushwhack when you can travel a well-paved road? Your goal is to open a brewery; our goal is to help you get there. We have helped launch over 240 breweries with a 97.3% success rate. During this intensive 4-day brewers’ school, we will share our proven process with you to help ensure your success.
EntreBREWneur Academy & Brewers’ School Curriculum:
- DAY 1
- DAY 2
- DAY 3
- Glycol Chillers
- CO2 & Pump Transferring
- Fining & Filtering
- Carbonation & Force Carbonating
- Kegging, Bottling, & Canning Discussion
- Clean In Place (CIP) of all Equipment
- DAY 4
- Our Proven Process: Concept to Grand Opening
- Pitfalls & Roadblocks
- A Day in the Life of a Professional Brewer
- Financial Expectations & Planning
- Concept Review
- Business Plan Guidance
- Next Steps