Sanitary centrifugal pumps are a key component in the brewhouse and are used to transfer liquids from one tank or vessel in the brewhouse to another. Other uses include cleaning (clean-in-place), filtration, wort chilling, and recirculation procedures.
When coupled with a variable frequency motor drive (VFD) the speed-modulated centrifugal pump can be operated at any speed required to precisely move large quantities of liquid in a short amount of time.
Why Buy A PKW Centrifugal Pump?
Portland Kettle Works has been supplying high quality centrifugal pumps since we shipped our first breweries. We have shipped hundreds of pumps and they have earned a reputation as some of the most consistent performing and reliable pumps available for brewers operating craft breweries of all sizes. Our centrifugal pumps will shorten your day, improve the quality of your product and provide a return on your investment for years to come.
Portland Kettle Works’ centrifugal pumps provide the brewer with several key advantages:
- Field tested by some of America’s leading craft brewers
- State-of-the-art energy efficient variable frequency drives (VFD’s) modulate all PKW pumps for precise control
- Made of 100% non-reactive, sanitary-finished, 304 food-grade stainless steel
- Specific sanitary centrifugal pump designs for brewhouses, hot liquor tanks (HLT), cold liquor tanks (CLT), keg washers, and more
- Simple maintenance and disassembly process
- NEMA 4X washdown rated
PKW Centrifugal Pump Specifications
As with all Portland Kettle Works brewing equipment our centrifugal pumps are available in sizes to fit brewhouses of all sizes. They are all designed and manufactured to our exacting standards.
- Integrated brewhouse pump with variable frequency drive (VFD)
- Allows precise adjustment of output from 0 to 17 GPM (65 LPM)
- Pump-on-cart with variable frequency drive (VFD)
- 1.5 hp for 15 bbl to 30 bbl tanks (17.6 to 35.2 hL)
- 2.0 hp for 30 bbl to 60 bbl tanks (35.2 to 70.4 hL)
Portland Kettle Works was founded in 2011 in Portland, Oregon USA. We build high-quality stainless steel beverage and brewing equipment. We have built and installed over 300 state of the art craft breweries worldwide. As a result, our craft brewing clients are among the best of the best. They regularly win beer tasting competitions and they have the gold, silver and bronze medals to prove it. So, if you’re serious about your craft brewing business, contact us so we can help you, too. In addition, if you’re located in Mexico or Latin America, click here to visit Portland Kettle Works Spanish language site.