What is a Centrifugal Pump?
Sanitary centrifugal pumps are a key component in the brewhouse, and are used to transfer liquids. Other uses include cleaning (clean-in-place), filtration, wort chilling, and vorlauf procedures. When coupled with a variable frequency drive (VFD) the speed-modulated centrifugal pump can pump slowly and precisely or move large quantities of liquid in a short amount of time.
Why Select a PKW Centrifugal Pump?
Portland Kettle Works’ supplied centrifugal pumps have earned a reputation as some of the most consistent performing and reliable pumps available. Our centrifugal pumps will shorten your day and provide a return on your investment for years to come.
Portland Kettle Works’ centrifugal pumps provide the brewer with several key advantages:
- Field tested by some of America’s leading craft brewers
- State-of-the-art energy efficient variable frequency drives (VFD’s) modulate all PKW pumps for precise control
- Made of 100% non-reactive, sanitary-finished, 304 food-grade stainless steel
- Specific sanitary centrifugal pump designs for brewhouses, hot liquor tanks (HLT), cold liquor tanks (CLT), keg washers, and more
- Simple maintenance and disassembly process
- NEMA 4X washdown rated
PKW Centrifugal Pump Specifications
As with all our brewing equipment, Portland Kettle Works centrifugal pumps are designed and manufactured to exacting standards.
- Integrated brewhouse pump with variable frequency drive (VFD)
- Allows precise adjustment of output from 0 to 17 GPM (65 LPM)
- Pump-on-cart with variable frequency drive (VFD)
- 1.5 hp for 15 bbl to 30 bbl tanks (17.6 to 35.2 hL)
- 2.0 hp for 30 bbl to 60 bbl tanks (35.2 to 70.4 hL)