What is a Keg Washer?
A keg washer is a machine that cleans stainless steel beer and beverage kegs between uses. All keg washers clean kegs by sequentially flushing, washing, sterilizing, and pressurizing kegs. Most keg washers are semi-automatic, but both manual and fully automatic keg washers are common. A well-designed, efficient keg washer is an important time and labor-saving piece of equipment that helps to ensure the flavor and quality of your beer remains consistent.
Why Select a PKW Keg Washer?
Portland Kettle Works’ KegMaster keg washer has earned a reputation as one of the most consistent performing and easy to use semi-automatic keg washers to be found anywhere. The KegMaster will shorten your day while saving you money for years to come.
Portland Kettle Works’ keg washers provide the brewer with several key advantages:
- Eliminates the inherent possibility of dirty kegs entering your brewery’s supply chain
- PKW has a worldwide reputation for industry leading American design, engineering, and fabrication
- Field tested by some of America’s leading craft brewers
- 2-keg (14 kegs per hour) and 3-keg (20 kegs per hour) capacities available
- Semi-automatic keg washers save time and standardize keg cleaning operations
- Efficient, easy, fast and economical to use
- Provides long-term cost savings over manual keg washers
- Eliminates labor as a single person can manage keg cleaning for most craft brewery operations
- The keg washer’s small footprint saves valuable brewing space
- Compatible with all PKW brewhouses and brewing systems
PKW Keg Washer Specifications
As with all our brewing equipment, Portland Kettle Works KegMaster keg washers are designed and manufactured to exacting standards.
- Rinses, cleans, sanitizes, and CO2 purges
- Fast and efficient:
- 2-head model cleans up to 14 kegs per hour
- 3-head model cleans up to 20 kegs per hour
- Optional: hopback grant: 35 gallon (132.5 L) available in 4 options. All models include:
- 14 gauge, 304 food-grade stainless steel construction
- Rests on easy-to-manuever rollers
- Removable false bottom
- Designed for use with all PKW KegMaster keg washers
- Comes in 4 models:
- Open top
- Pressurized: includes manway rated to 14.7 PSI (1 bar), ultimate drain, and racking arm
- Heated: includes heating element, temperature controller, ultimate drain, and racking arm
- Heated & pressurized: includes manway rated to 14.7 PSI (1 bar), heating element, temperature controller, ultimate drain, and racking arm