New High Efficiency Dual-Head System Rapidly Sanitizes Any and All Surfaces At Record Speeds To Fight Covid-19.
Portland Kettle Works, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of stainless steel craft brewing equipment, has introduced the Germ-Fogger™, an American-made disinfecting-fogger with NEW vortecular™ technology designed to efficiently sanitize surfaces to the highest US Center for Disease Control application standards. It’s unique dual-head design makes it the most productive disinfecting agent sprayer currently available.
In this era of COVID-19, the ability to rapidly and efficiently disinfect a wide variety of buildings and outdoor venues has become a critical part of maintaining work spaces that are safe and secure for employees and the public. Even as the economy re-opens the need for mass disinfection will remain huge. The Germ-Fogger makes this disinfection process easier and more cost-effective.
COVID-19 Crisis Leads To Business Expansion Opportunity
“Germ-Fogger™ is not our first rodeo.” states Thad Fisco, President of Portland Kettle Works, a world-leading manufacturer of high tech stainless craft brewing and beverage systems. “Since 2010 we’ve sold and installed 100’s of state of the art craft breweries all around the world. When the COVID-19 crisis hit it severely impacted our primary market of craft brewers. Experts in equipment manufacturing, we began looking for an efficient way to quickly decontaminate breweries, bars and tap rooms. We spoke with friends in disinfectant, facilities maintenance, and contract cleaning businesses. We studied concepts, and CDC recommendations on proper disinfection techniques. We experimented with innovative design concepts and the Germ-Fogger was born!”
“Our initial plan was to just offer Germ-Fogger™ to support our existing craft brewery and beverage clients. However, it quickly became clear how far and wide the COVID-19 crisis has spread. The urgent wider need for decontamination, combined with the impressive performance of the Germ-Fogger has led us to commit to re-purposing a significant portion of our business operations to help bring this crisis under control.”
Designed To be Easy-to-Use, Strong and Durable
“One of our principal design goals for the Germ-Fogger™ was to make an easy to use industrial grade product designed for fast disinfecting agent delivery, easy maintenance and long use life,” continues Fisco. “We did this by using the same high strength aircraft grade aluminum, stainless steel and brass components we use in our brewery equipment. Mounted on a rolling cart, except for hoses the Germ-Fogger has no plastic parts yet it is compact, lightweight, easy to maneuver and strong enough to stand up to many years of heavy commercial use.”
Germ-Fogger™ is ideal for precision bulk disinfection of all categories of commercial, industrial and government facilities including:
- Locker rooms
- Aircraft cabins
- School buses
- Train cars
- Daycare facilities
- And all other high-touch areas…
Two Heads Are Better Than One
The Germ-Fogger’s patent-pending design incorporates a number of features to make it the best disinfecting agent delivery system available today. One of its most innovative features is its ability to supply one or two disinfecting wands off a single disinfecting agent tank. The Germ-Fogger comes standard with one disinfecting wand. Easily user-installed, the second wand can be ordered at the same time or added later. With two wands the Germ-Fogger can disinfect over 52,000 sq. ft. per hour – that’s well over one acre (43,600 sq. ft.) and about 90% of a standard football field including the end zones (57,600 ft. sq.)!
Other Germ-Fogger™ Features
The Germ-Fogger’s design also incorporates a number of additional features to make it the best disinfecting agent delivery system available today.
- High Quality Construction – The Germ-Fogger is built from machined aluminum, stainless steel and brass parts, all easily serviceable. In normal use it will provide you with years of trouble free service.
- Ergonomic Atomizing Wand Design – the palm fitting grips of the Germ-Fogger atomizing wands are comfortable to hold and a gentle squeeze on the trigger unleashes the fogging spray.
- High Capacity – the Germ-Fogger’s disinfecting agent tank holds five full gallons (18.9L) of disinfecting agent allowing it to cover up to 52,000 sq. ft. on a single filling. And with dual head use this can be covered in less than an hour!
- Quick Change – the Germ-Fogger’s disinfecting agent tank uses stainless steel quick disconnecting fittings. This allows you to swap tanks in a matter of seconds and continue spraying with minimal down time. Extra tanks can be pre-filled and kept ready for rapid use.
- Safely Extended Spray Tip – the Germ-Fogger’s precision brass spray tip is almost 10” from the operator’s hand to minimize operator exposure to disinfecting agents. And the spray tip is connected with a quick disconnect fitting for rapid exchange.
- Easy to Use – once you’ve aimed the sprayer a gentle squeeze on the ergonomic pistol grip trigger is all it takes to start the spray.
- Right- or Left-handed Operation – The Germ-Fogger™ spraying wand is completely ambidextrous.
To make complete information about the Germ-Fogger more readily available Portland Kettle Works has created a dedicated website. More information is available at https://www.germ-fogger.com/. Germ-Fogger is in pilot production now, scheduled to begin production shipping June 1, 2020, and is currently available for pre-ordering at the website.
Portland Kettle Works was founded in 2011 to build the highest quality stainless steel brewing and beverage equipment applications. Since then we have built and installed over 300 breweries worldwide. Our craft brewers are among the best of the best and they have the gold, silver and bronze medals to prove it. If you’re serious about craft brewing as a business, contact us and we can help you, too. And if you’re located in Mexico or Latin America, click here to visit our Spanish language site.