Brewery fermenter tanks, or more commonly fermenters, are key components in beer and kombucha brewing. Fermenters are specialized tanks designed to precisely control temperature and maintain the optimal conditions for fermentation, which occurs once the wort has been transferred from the brewhouse to the fermenter; a conical-bottom design is highly recommended for fermenters allowing for easier yeast harvesting.
Our fermenters are the best in the industry. Precise temperature control, sanitary finishes, clean-in-place facilities and eye-catching design are all hallmarks of PKW’s Fermentation tanks and Fermenters.
Why Select a PKW Fermenter?
Portland Kettle Works’ fermenters have earned a reputation as some of the most consistent performing, fastest crashing, and eye-catching brewery tanks to be found anywhere. Our fermenters will shorten your work day while continuing to provide a superior return on your investment for years to come.
Portland Kettle Works’ Fermentation Tanks provide the brewer with several key advantages:
- Every fermenter is equipped with a 4”/10 cm ultimate drain and 60 degree conical bottom for rapid and easy yeast harvest and clean-out
- Precision laser welded dimple jacket with integrated baffling, reduces glycol demand and increases tank efficiency by 25%
- A worldwide reputation for industry leading American design, engineering, and fabrication
- Field tested by some of America’s leading craft brewers
- Insulated vessels add efficiency, minimize heat-loading, and reduce safety hazards
- Made of 100% non-reactive, sanitary-finished, 304 food-grade stainless steel
- Innovative design registers zero stress on the internal structure of the tank
- Integrated Clean in Place (CIP) systems allow rapid and convenient cleaning
- Manufactured using PKW’s proprietary Flowing Quality Control (FQC) process which maintains the highest standards of quality throughout fabrication
Portland Kettle Works’ fermenters have earned a reputation as some of the most consistent performing, fastest crashing, and eye-catching brewery tanks to be found anywhere. Our fermenters will shorten your workday while continuing to provide a superior return on your investment for years to come.
PKW Fermenter Specifications
PKW Fermenter Spec Sheet (Click to download)
As with all our brewing equipment, Portland Kettle Works fermenters are designed and manufactured to exacting standards:
- Capacities available include:
- bbl: 2, 3.5, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 60, 90, and 120
- hL: 2.3, 4.1, 5.9, 8.2, 11.7, 17.6, 23.5, 35.2, 46.9, 70.4, 105.6, and 140.8
- Other capacities available upon request
- 100% food-grade 304 and 316 stainless steel, 12-gauge inner tank steel and 14-gauge shell materials
- All fermenters are rated to 14.7 PSI (1 bar) operating pressure
- Two-zone glycol jacketing encompasses the 60-degree conical cone and sidewalls
- Top-mount manway (optional side-mount configurations available)
- Complete thermal insulation of side walls and cones
- All insulation is fire retardant fiber cloth (not foam)
- All welds are blended and finished to a sanitary food-grade finish
- Every fermenter is equipped with:
- racking arm
- pressure relief valve
- blow-off/ clean-in-place (CIP) tube
- CIP spray ball
- sample valve
- butterfly valves
- TC clamps, gaskets and clamps
- 90-degree elbows
- optional rupture disc assemblies available
PKW fermenter designs draw on our experience producing over 4,000 brewery and craft beverage vessels and commissioning over 375 new breweries worldwide since 2011. Our breweries deliver award winning results across every style of beer on a global stage.
Portland Kettle Works was founded in 2011 to build the highest quality stainless steel brewing and beverage equipment applications. Since then we have built and installed hundreds of breweries worldwide. Our craft brewers are among the best of the best and they have the gold, silver and bronze medals to prove it. If you’re serious about craft brewing as a business, contact us and we can help you, too. And if you’re located in Mexico or Latin America, click here to visit our Spanish language site.