Grain augers are an important element in beer brewing; they are used to transfer uncracked grain to the grain mill, and cracked grain to a grist case for storage and ultimately to the brewhouse for brewing. The grain auger moves grain at a consistent rate by employing a rotating helical screw auger to convey the grain through an enclosed tube.
Why Select a PKW Grain Auger?
Portland Kettle Works’ grain augers provide the brewer with several key advantages:
- Field tested by some of America’s leading craft brewers
- Flexible auger assemblies convey up to 50 lb (22.7 kg) of grain per minute
- Our grain auger integrates seamlessly into our MaltMaster grain mill
- When properly installed the combination MaltMaster grain mill and grain auger system produce almost no grain dust
As with all our brewing equipment, Portland Kettle Works grain augers are designed and manufactured to exacting standards. All grain auger packages include the following:
- Control unit
- Power assembly
- Hopper level control
- 20 ft (6.1 m) PVC tube
- 20 ft (6.1 m) auger
- Two 45-degree elbows
- Optional: 10 ft (3.0 m) extensions allow additional distance for longer auger runs
PKW Grain Auger Specifications – Floor Mount
PKW Grain Handling System – Floor Mount Specifications (Click to download)
PKW Grain Auger Specifications – Suspended Mount
PKW Grain Handling System – Suspended Mount Specifications (Click to download)
Portland Kettle Works was founded in 2011 in Portland, Oregon USA. We build high-quality stainless steel beverage and brewing equipment. We have built and installed hundreds of state of the art craft breweries worldwide. As a result, our craft brewing clients are among the best of the best. They regularly win beer tasting competitions and they have the gold, silver and bronze medals to prove it. So, if you’re serious about your craft brewing business, contact us so we can help you, too. And if you’re located in Mexico or Latin America, click here to visit our Spanish language site.