Vitis stackable open top wine totes are used for oxidative wine fermentation and storage of juice and grapes. Used primarily for red wines, during fermenting the open tank top gives the winemaker access to the “cap” which is formed from the wine skins on the top of the tank as the wine ferments. The winemaker, using a paddle, can gently stir or punch the cap back down into the wine in the tank. While open top wine totes are most common, wine totes are also available with closed tops or variable capacity. Contact PKW for more information.
The Vitis wine tote’s unique stackable design makes it easy for you to get the maximum number of wine totes into the minimum amount floor space. And they are easy to re-arrange as your requirements change. Individual wine totes can be easily moved using standard warehouse forklifts.
Custom Configurations Available – Please Contact PKW
Standard features of Vitis stackable open top wine totes include:
- Vitis sidewall:
- Interior finish: smooth 2-B interior finish, blended and made sanitary at all weldment
- Dimple jacket: our energy-saving precision laser-welded dimple cooling jackets are hydroformed and baffled to maximize turbulence and minimize load on the glycol cooling system. Both low- and high-pressure options are available
- Dual-action manway (round): top inswing and outswing manway for complete racking access
- Dump-out manway (square): outswing only and located at base of sidewall allows complete cleanout of pomace and wash debris
- Drainage sump: both sump and ports are housed in a precision engineered, removable drain screen inside the tank
- Racking port
- Temperature Thermowell port: includes protective temperature control shield
- Sample port: includes a valve in the sidewall that allows easy samples to be collected
- Vitis bottom:
- Sloped floor: enables easier dump-out, cleaning, and other interior operations
- Tank mounting: can be either floor-mounted or mounted on PKW’s proprietary ring stand
Vitis Stackable Open-Top Wine Totes
PKW Vitis Stackable Open-Top Wine Tote Spec Sheet, Page 1 (Click to download)
PKW Vitis Stackable Open-Top Wine Tote Spec Sheet, Page 2 (Click to download)
If you require custom stackable open top wine totes for your winery, please give us a call. We are masters of process engineering, and our highly skilled craftsmen have manufactured stainless steel tanks of all kinds and sizes for multiple industries. Regardless of your needs, you will not find higher quality equipment than the tanks manufactured by Portland Kettle Works.
Portland Kettle Works was founded in 2011 to build the highest quality stainless steel brewing and beverage equipment applications. Since then we have built and installed over 300 breweries worldwide. Our craft brewers are among the best of the best and they have the gold, silver and bronze medals to prove it. If you’re serious about craft brewing as a business, contact us and we can help you, too. And if you’re located in Mexico or Latin America, click here to visit our Spanish language site.