What is a Brite Tank?
Brite tanks are key components in the production of beer and are primarily used to clarify and carbonate beer and kombucha. Brite tanks are the final stop in the brewing process after leaving the brewhouse and fermenters.
They can also be used for both the storage of finished beer for later canning, bottling, and kegging and as serving vessels allowing unpackaged beer to be poured and served directly from the brite tank.
Why Select a PKW Brite Tank?
Portland Kettle Works’ brite tanks have earned a reputation as some of the most consistent performing and eye-catching brite tanks to be found anywhere. Our brite tanks will shorten your work day while providing a return on your investment for years to come.
Portland Kettle Works’ brite tanks provide the brewer with several key advantages:
- Integrated volumetric sight glass saves time and effort for tax determination
- Every tank equipped with a 4”/10 cm ultimate drain for rapid and easy clean-out
- Precision laser welded dimple jacket with integrated baffling reduces glycol demand and increases tank efficiency by 25%
- Field tested by some of America’s leading craft brewers
- Insulated vessels add efficiency, minimize heat-loading, and reduce safety hazards
- Made of 100% non-reactive, sanitary-finished, 304 food-grade stainless steel
- Innovative design registers zero stress on the internal structure of the tank
- Integrated Clean in Place (CIP) systems allow rapid and convenient cleaning
- Sight glass is fully Clean-In-Place ready without additional components
- Manufactured using PKW’s proprietary Flowing Quality Control (FQC) process which maintains the highest standards of quality throughout fabrication
Portland Kettle Works’ brite tanks have earned a reputation as some of the most consistent performing and eye-catching brewery tanks to be found anywhere. Our brite tanks will shorten your workday while continuing to provide a superior return on your investment for years to come.
PKW Brite Tank Specifications
PKW Single-Wall Brite Tank Spec Image
As with all our brewing equipment, Portland Kettle Works brite tanks are designed and manufactured to exacting standards:
- Capacities available include:
- bbl: 2, 3.5, 5, 7, 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 60, 90, and 120
- hL: 2.3, 4.1, 5.9, 8.2, 11.7, 17.6, 23.5, 35.2, 46.9, 70.4, 105.6, and 140.8
- Other capacities available upon request
- All brite tanks can be either single-walled or double-walled (jacketed and insulated)
- 100% food-grade 304 and 316 stainless steel, 12-gauge inner tank steel (on jacketed/insulated tanks) and 14-gauge shell materials
- All brite tanks are rated to 14.7 PSI (1 bar) operating pressure
- Top-mount manway (optional side-mount configurations available)
- All welds are blended and finished to a sanitary food-grade finish
- Every brite tank is equipped with:
- pressure relief valve
- blow-off/clean-in-place (CIP) tube
- CIP spray ball
- sample valve
- butterfly valves
- TC clamps, gaskets and clamps
- 90-degree elbows
- optional rupture disc assemblies available
PKW Brite Tank designs draw on our experience producing over 4,000 brewery and craft beverage vessels and commissioning over 375 new breweries worldwide since 2011. Our breweries deliver award winning results across every style of beer on a global stage.
Portland Kettle Works was founded in 2011 to build the highest quality stainless steel brewing and beverage equipment applications. Since then we have built and installed hundreds of breweries worldwide. Our craft brewers are among the best of the best and they have the gold, silver and bronze medals to prove it. If you’re serious about craft brewing as a business, contact us and we can help you, too. And if you’re located in Mexico or Latin America, click here to visit our Spanish language site.